How to become a Mentor: Method A : Applying for the role
The Mentor role is awarded by CM Administrator when a user (ie, somebody who already has a Career Manager account) requests it.
The user who wants to become a Mentor is called a prospecitve Mentor
in this document.
The prospective Mentor must know who his/her Coordinator will be before starting the request process.
Therefore he/she is given a Coordinator code
to identify his/her Coordinator on the system. (Usually the Coordinator will provide this code for those users to be assisted by him/her.)
Then the prospective Mentor will use this code in the following process to request assignment to Mentor role.
To summarise: This means a prospective Mentor needs to apply to become a Mentor for a specific Coordinator, and provide that Coordinator's Coordinator code
- Register: if not already a user on Career Manager, the prospective Mentor must register in the same way as all users.
- Go to my details
- Go to bottom of screen and click Apply for administrative roles
- Check Mentor
- Enter your Mentor coordinator code where "My coordinator will be" is displayed
Enter Mentor code
- Ensure that the word ok is displayed, else make a note of any message and contact your Coordinator
- Wait for notification from Career Manager or your Coordinator