We have been active in building a Career Management programme for over 20 years.
We started out thinking we needed a good method to answer the question: Which career fits me?
We realised that was not enough, you also need to know what to do.
Therefore Career Manager focuses on this request:
Get me into that career
Career Manager combines a number of factors that together make a strong programme:
- Best practices: what are the countries who are performing well doing?
- A programme actions stretching over time with measurments along the way - spending time and checking progress enhances the quality of the result
- Mentoring - a coach helps you get more out of the programme.
- Tracking and recording your progress - when you are on your way, you need to know how far you have come and what still lies ahead
- Insight and action (understanding and doing) - both are important
- Differentiation: more handles on the issue - you must have names for the stuff you have to deal with.
The Eskimos are said to have a large number of words for "snow" (Wikipedia).
Maybe this is not 100% accurate, but it it helps to be clued up if you want to survive.
- Web based, mobile enabled.
Career Manager offers a brief Mentor's training module. Read more about becoming a Mentor here.
Career Manager offers the programme as a business opportunity. For more about this, read here